We recommend the following magazines and journals:
- The Kindling: a new journal dedicated to publishing the best poetry written in universities across the UK and Ireland, co-founded by Theophilus Kwek, [Issue #2: SEA] contributor.
- Prac Crit: an online journal of poetry and criticism, dedicated to reading contemporary poems up close. Co-edited by Vidyan Ravinthiran, a Transect [Issue #3: TONGUE] contributor.
- Unravel: The Accessible Linguistics Magazine: an online magazine that seeks to make linguistics accessible while sharing their love of the world’s many languages. Editor-in-Chief, Kevin Martens Wong, is a Transect [Issue #3: TONGUE] contributor.
- Asymptote Journal: an online journal dedicated to translations of world literature, which has featured work from 105 countries and 84 languages. Chief Executive Assistant, Theophilus Kwek, is a Transect [Issue #2: SEA] contributor.
We recommend the following resources:
- New to the literary magazine scene? Don’t know how to submit? Check out ‘Lit Mag Submissions 101: How, When, and Where to Send Your Work‘ on Electric Literature.
- Neon Magazine‘s Links: Literary Magazines: a list of literary magazines (including us) based in the UK, compiled by the renowned, well-established Neon.
- Check out the comprehensive NewPages.com for all things writing, or in their own words: ‘news, information, and guides to literary magazines, independent publishers, creative writing programs, alternative periodicals, indie bookstores, writing contests, and more.’
- Denizen Magazine: a highly acclaimed online magazine and community ‘dedicated to people who grew up in multiple countries, international school alumni, or Third Culture Kids’, featuring non-fiction articles from all across the globe. The best resource out there created by TCKs for TCKs.