- Short stories: max. 5000 words.
- Poetry: max. 42 lines.
- Send no more than three pieces per person.
- Attach pieces to an email to email@example.com with ‘Submission – [Short Story or Poetry]’ in the subject line.
- Each piece of writing is accompanied by a piece of artwork—if you would like to submit a photograph or illustration, please attach it to your email. We may or may not use it.
- Include a cover letter and a brief third-person biography.
- NOTE: Submissions not adhering to guidelines will not be read.
- All versions/variants of Englishes are accepted, but please clarify which English you are using in your submission (e.g. American/British English, etc.).
- Provide translations for passages not written in English.
- Provide word/line count.
- We are looking for artwork (e.g. photos, illustrations) to accompany each written piece. Send us either a link to your portfolio or a few pieces related to the issue’s theme.
Terms & Conditions:
- Reprints are accepted, as long as you retain full publishing rights to your work.
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted, but please inform us immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- On acceptance, Transect will have non-exclusive online/electronic, serial, archival and anthology rights.
- If a piece first appears in Transect and is subsequently published elsewhere, please acknowledge (e.g. ‘First published in Transect Magazine.‘).